Monitor, Measure, and Communicate with Drones in Construction
By now, there’s no denying it: drones have made their way into the construction industry. And they are here to stay.
Today’s drones pack a big punch, helping project managers, site engineers, and virtual design + construction (VDC) teams build instant ROI with jobsite-ready maps and models. Time and again, drones save money, reduce downtime, and improve safety on construction projects.
But if you are like many construction professionals, you probably have a few questions about implementing drones on your own jobsite. Sure, you’ve heard all the hype, but are they really worth the effort? Exactly what types of results will drones deliver? And most importantly, are they safe?
We’ve got some good news: We put together a new eBook, and we think you’re gonna like it. It digs into some of the most common questions we get from construction pros and highlights the fastest ways to get value from drones on the jobsite.
If you’ve been thinking about implementing drones, then this eBook is for you. Head on over to our resources page and download it today.
In our latest industry resource, we explore how construction teams use drones to generate collaborative maps and 3D models, leverage data from high-resolution point clouds, and even create accurate contour maps. We also give examples of how industry leaders like Brasfield & Gorrie, Choate Construction, and McCarthy Building Companies handle safety, implementation, and scale in their drone programs.
Drones are quickly becoming a must-have tool on any jobsite. Whether your team already has a drone, or you’re just beginning to consider the idea, we’re confident you’ll come away with a better understanding of how drones can help you streamline and improve your daily workflows, save time, and create more informed, collaborative teams.
Where to Learn More
- Download the new eBook, An Aerial View of Your Jobsite.
- If you’d like to learn more about how drones can make a difference on your construction project, watch our Drones in Construction webinar, Part 1 and Part 2, and Part 3.
- Learn more about scaling your construction drone program in our recent post featuring McCarthy Construction.
- Looking for an all-inclusive construction mapping package? DroneDeploy recently partnered with DJI to develop a turnkey drone mapping solution for the construction industry.
- Learn more about comparing design plans and drone maps with our new overlay tool.
- Find out how drones are improving safety on commercial jobsites in this post.
- Once you’re ready to get started, our construction onboarding is a great place to begin.
Get Started with DroneDeploy
Want to learn how DroneDeploy can help your business? Visit www.dronedeploy.com to start your free trial or request a consultation with one of our team members. The DroneDeploy mobile application is available for free download for both iOS and Android devices.
Build Instant ROI with Jobsite-Ready Drone Maps and Models was originally published in DroneDeploy’s Blog on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.